You have now invested in a flag and/or a flagpole, you want to make sure that it lasts a long time right? Read the handy tips Hi-Fliers (Flagstaffs) Ltd have put together for you.
Our sales and installation staff are constantly being asked questions such as "how long will the flag last?" Many factors have to be taken into account like the positioning of the flagpole, the surroundings and of course the sun, wind and rain. We cannot control the weather but good maintenance will prolong the flags flying time.
• Avoid flying the flag in heavy rain and storms, this puts extra stress on the stitching and fabric
• Industrial fumes and exhaust gases will fade the flag and cause deterioration so dry the flag before storage
• Anti-fray sewn onto the fly-end reduces fraying, but at the first sign re-hem the flag
• Continual flying will reduce the flag's life.
• Rough flagpoles and/or damaged flag weights cause material damage
• Do not position the flag where it will be in contact with tree branches, buildings or wires
• The slightest tear will be a rip and an irreparable flag
• Clean the flag regularly
• Outdoor flags can be hand washed with warm water and mild soap, then thoroughly rinsed and spread out to dry
4602, Cumbrian Lakes
Kissimmee FL, 34746
Hi-Fliers (Flagstaffs) Limited
440, Chanterlands Avenue
Telephone: 01482 343 141